The Eastern Kentucky University Libraries is pleased to present our annual 2018 Research Award for Undergraduates. Made possible by the Friends of the Libraries, the award recognizes and rewards undergraduate students whose research makes expert and creative use of the services, resources, and collections of EKU Libraries to produce a scholarly or creative work. A prize of $800 will be awarded to the first place undergraduate project, $500 for second place, and $300 for third place. Please note that this award can affect your financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office for details.
Eligibility:To be eligible for the EKU Libraries Research Award for Undergraduates, all applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University as an undergraduate student in any class level. All disciplines are eligible. In addition to individuals, groups and teams are also eligible. For groups and teams, the award amount is to be divided equally.
- Have completed and submitted an original research project for an EKU credit course during Spring, Summer, or Fall from the previous year. Works from Spring semester of the current year will also be considered, but the paper/project must be completed by the submission deadline. Revising and improving a previously submitted and graded research project is allowed and, in fact, encouraged.
- Be original and previously unpublished. Projects with faculty co-authors will not be accepted.
- Agree to contribute the project to the permanent collection of Eastern Kentucky University Libraries.
- Submit only one entry per contest.
To apply for the award, please follow the next steps carefully:
- Read the Application Checklist for Individual Submission
- Read the Guidelines for Students
- Read the Scoring Rubric
- Create a free account in Encompass Digital Archive
- Completely fill out the Online Application Form (see Submit Application link below)
- Ask the professor to whom you submitted the paper or project to write you a letter of support. Your professor will email this letter to Kevin Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018
- Notification of winners: Monday, April 2, 2018
- Award reception: Friday, April 13, 2018