Fleischer, A. B., Struhar, J. & Mullan, S. (2020, October). Tools that can be used now! Person-Centered Care within cancer rehabilitation. Symposium at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine. Online.
Tools that can be used now! Person-Centered Care within cancer rehabilitation. Symposium at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
The purpose of this symposium is to provide a) the science behind the benefits of delivering person-centered care, and b) practical tips, training, and resources to successfully Integrate person-centered approach into your practice .
This will be accomplished by illustrating what current person-centered models are being used within cancer rehabilitation setting through the use of case examples and evidence in the literature. Within this illustration, we will demonstrate how common barriers to implementing person-centered care can be reduced within your practice. Attendees will be shown a) commonly used person-centered assessments that meet accreditation standards and reimbursement requirements, and b) where to locate community resources for your clients that can be effectively and efficiently given to them.
- Describe current person-centered care models within the cancer rehabilitation setting
- Identify and describe the most common barriers to implementation of person-centered care.
- Locate common person-centered assessments used among providers that also meet accreditation standards and reimbursement requirements.
- Locate community resources for your clients and describe how to provide these to your clients effectively and efficiently.
- Understand how person-centered care is currently used in practice.